The Family Connects model is an evidence-based approach to supporting all newborns and their families. By reaching all families in a community, Family Connects improves health outcomes at the population level.
Family Connects International (FCI), the organization that provides the implementation, training, and technical support for the Family Connects model, began in 2001 under the leadership of Kenneth Dodge, PhD, with the generous support of the Duke Endowment. Since the first pilot site in Durham, NC, in 2008, the program has expanded to over 40 communities across the nation. FCI is unique from other nurse-home visiting programs for newborns, including those that are universal, because FCI can tailor its evidence-based program, implementation guidance, and policy support to the different contexts of community partners which can potentially lead to a bigger impact for families of newborns as the model is scaled with quality assurance and community accountability. FCI received its 501c3 status in February and official launched in July 2022.
The FCI Contracts Officer reports directly to the Associate Director of Finance & HR Operations. The position is responsible for prospecting, drafting, reviewing and managing contracts, grants, gifts, agreements, purchase orders, and other procurement-related transactions, including contract compliance.
- Preparation of finalized business contracts and correspondence, including Professional Services Agreements, requests for proposals (RFPs), vendor agreements, NDAs, and more.
- Reconciliation of external party accounts, including resolution of issues or discrepancies.
- Risk management and contingency planning of accounts.
- Serving as liaison with external legal counsel for document preparation or review.
- Management of contracting execution (e.g. signature requests, performance tracking, renewals, terminations, and database and file management.)
- Communication with external parties on account/document status and/or terms of agreement.
- Track contract deliverables and submit invoice requests for work performed as required by the Associate Director of Finance & HR Operations.
- Assist with paperwork needed by regulatory bodies, intermediaries, or other FCI partners to ensure contract compliance.
- Produce documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates as required.
- Provide management regular status updates on contracts.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel
- Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent years of experience. Paralegal not required but preferred.
- 3+ of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in contract negotiations
- Knowledge of contract management tools and procurement compliance rules and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
Demonstrated Skills and Experience:
- Customer-service oriented mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Motivated, collaborative, cross-functional team member
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Travel Requirements: None
Physical Requirements: Extended sitting (up to 8 hours per day). • Keyboarding
FCI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.