Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Durham, NC, (Hybrid schedule with at least 1 day on site monthly)
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Internal Operations Officer
Family Connects International (FCI) is an independent 501c3 non-profit, providing training and technical support for the implementation of the evidence-based Family Connects Model, developed at Duke University. Family Connects (FC) is a community-based program supporting new parents in caring for their newborns, offering physical assessments of the postpartum person and infant, addressing questions about caring for a newborn, providing supportive guidance, and helping them access any needed community services or resources.
The Finance Manager oversees FCI’s finance systems, including providing oversight to contracting. He/she works to integrate strong fiscal and contractual management processes that enable effective, nimble management of Family Connects site development services. Working in close collaboration with the Chief Internal Operations Officer, the Finance Manager oversees financial and contractual workflows, policies, and information systems.
The Finance Manager will report directly to the Chief Internal Operations Officer and is responsible for operations and administrative functions associated with contract development, bookkeeping, and budget development and monitoring. This position may serve on leadership and advisory teams as specified by the Chief Internal Operations Officer. The Finance Manager will also prepare financial data and/or analysis for members of the Executive leadership team and the Board of Directors.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all day-to-day administrative and financial management of the organization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and collaborative manager with proven experience in accounting, budgeting, contract compliance, pricing models, and financial analysis.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day financial functions of the organization, including bookkeeping, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards, along with all audit activities.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Prepare financial analysis as directed by Executive Leadership.
- Oversee a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that the financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary finance policies and accounting practices.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities, guarantee compliance with all relevant regulations by ensuring that all functions are conducted in compliance with regulations of the IRS and other agencies is accountable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a closely related field (MBA/CPA preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in a combination of administrative management, financial, and strategic planning.
- Proven experience working with a cloud-based suite of finance and accounting systems required.
- Extremely proficient in QuickBooks, Bill.com, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Willingness to work flexible hours on occasion in support of effective program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement best practices in financial management.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP standards and fund accounting.
- Experience building pricing models a plus.
- Extended sitting (up to 8 hours per day).
- Ability to work in different (changing) locations.
- Ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level.
- Requires regular kneeling, bending, and sitting on the floor.
- Drive in all types of weather.
- Ability to travel in air, train, and car.
Pay Band: $75,000-$90,000 per year based on relevant experience.
At Family Connects International, great ideas are generated by interdisciplinary teams. We support a collaborative environment and value teammates with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that having a diverse team makes FCI a more innovative and impactful place to work, and we strive to make FCI a welcoming and inclusive place for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. FCI is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities to apply.