Location: Durham, NC, (Hybrid schedule with at least 1 day on-site monthly)
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Community Partnerships or Implementation Specialist Manager
Family Connects International (FCI) is an independent 501c3 non-profit, providing training and technical support for the implementation of the evidence-based Family Connects Model, developed at Duke University. Family Connects (FC) is a community- based program supporting new parents in caring for their newborns, offering physical assessments of the postpartum person and infant, addressing questions about caring for a newborn, providing supportive guidance, and helping them access any needed community services or resources.
The Family Connects International Implementation Specialist delivers a range of direct implementation support, including serving as the lead expert of the Family Connects evidence-based model to community partners. This position may also lead or assist with the development of implementation tools, measures, processes and learning resources that may be useful to community and state partners or to team members providing implementation support. This position supports development of the scope of work and contracting process for new or renewing contracts, manages the community partnership relationship through the phases of development from inquiry through to expansion and serves as the lead point of contact for community partners in the Family Connects community partner network.
- Provide support and guidance to internal staff and external community partners in implementing the Family Connects model.
- Manage multiple complex timelines, including documentation and reporting of key contract deliverables.
- Collaborate with FCI cross-functional teams to ensure coordination and alignment of internal resources.
- Utilize centralized data systems and platforms for data entry by community partners on performance and progress.
- Coordinate regular reporting regarding key performance indicators and quality metrics.
- Prepare for, lead and/or actively participate in implementation process improvement work groups, model presentations, and/or conferences;
- Attend all FCI required meetings and training sessions, including a monthly in- person all staff meeting, participating and/or facilitating as necessary;
- Interaction with all FCI colleagues and community partners in a highly collaborative and professional manner;
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., healthcare administration, public policy, public administration, social work, psychology, or public health with quality improvement/systems emphasis) or equivalent work experience and with proficiency in implementation science and project management.
• Ability to attend on-site meetings 1-2 times each month. Additional on-site days and travel as determined by supervisor and/or leadership.
- Extended sitting (up to 8 hours per day).
- Ability to work in different (changing) locations.
- Ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level.
- Requires regular kneeling, bending, and sitting on the floor.
- Drive in all types of weather.
- Ability to travel in air, train, and car up to 15%.
- $60,000-80,000 for 3 bands of Expert, Advanced, or Senior
Implementation Specialist, Senior
- 6- years or more of experience in program management including in a leadership capacity
- At least 6 years of experience in a senior role leading teams and managing staff in providing technical support.
- At least 6 years of experience in stakeholder engagement and facilitation.
- Proficiency level knowledge of implementation science with proficiency in project management, leadership, and quality improvement
Implementation Specialist, Advanced
- 3-5 years or more of experience with increasing responsibility in program management, including in a leadership role
- 3-5 years or more of experience with increasing responsibility in an implementation role for an evidence-based model across multiple communities of varying size and complexity
- 3 years or more of experience in stakeholder engagement and facilitation including leading high-level meetings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex implementation planning and working knowledge of project management, leadership, and quality improvement.
- 1-3 years of experience in the implementation of an evidence-based model with increased responsibility, 1-3 years of experience providing technical support
- Growing proficiency in implementation planning, project management, stakeholder engagement and quality improvement.
At Family Connects International, great ideas are generated by interdisciplinary teams. We support a collaborative environment and value teammates with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that having a diverse team makes FCI a more innovative and impactful place to work, and we strive to make FCI a welcoming and inclusive place for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. FCI is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities to apply.