Job Title: National Fundraiser
Location: Durham, NC, (Hybrid schedule with at least 1 day on site monthly)
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Family Connects International (FCI) is an independent 501c3 non-profit, that provides training and technical support on the implementation of the evidenced-based Family Connects Model, developed at Duke University. Family Connects (FC) is a community-based program supporting new parents in caring for their newborns, offering physical assessments of the postpartum person and infant, addressing questions about caring for a newborn, providing supportive guidance, and helping them access any needed community services or resources.
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven National Fundraiser to join our team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in expanding our fundraising efforts to support the organization’s growth and impact. The National Fundraiser will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising strategies, cultivating donor relationships, and securing financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
1. Develop and Implement Fundraising Strategies:
- Create and execute comprehensive fundraising plans to meet annual revenue goals.
- Identify and prioritize fundraising opportunities, including major gifts, corporate partnerships, and grant opportunities.
2. Donor Cultivation and Stewardship:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential donors in collaboration with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Implement effective stewardship practices to ensure donor retention and engagement.
- Develop personalized cultivation strategies for major donors and key stakeholders.
3. Grant Writing and Proposal Development:
- Research and identify relevant grant opportunities.
- Prepare compelling grant proposals to secure funding from foundations and government sources.
4. Event Planning and Execution
- Organize and coordinate one annual fundraising event to engage donors and raise awareness.
5. Collaboration and Communication
- Work closely with the marketing and communications team to create fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal teams to assure compliance with grant requirements.
6. Data Management and Reporting
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records.
- Write regular reports to funders.
Required Qualifications at This Level:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, nonprofit management, communications).
- Proven track record of successfully meeting or exceeding fundraising targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience and comfort with delivering formal presentations, both in person and virtually.
- Extended sitting (up to 8 hours per day).
- Ability to work in different (changing) locations.
- Ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level.
- Requires regular kneeling, bending, and sitting on the floor.
- Drive in all types of weather.
- Ability to travel in air, train, and car.
Pay Band: $65,000-$85,000/Year with opportunity for incentive-based compensation.
At Family Connects International, great ideas are generated by interdisciplinary teams. We support a collaborative environment and value teammates with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that having a diverse team makes FCI a more innovative and impactful place to work, and we strive to make FCI a welcoming and inclusive place for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. FCI is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities to apply.