Job Title: Nurse Manager
Location: Durham, NC, (Hybrid schedule with at least 1 day on site monthly)
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
Family Connects International (FCI) is an independent 501c3 non-profit, that provides training and technical support on the implementation of the evidenced-based Family Connects Model, developed at Duke University, to implementing partners across the United States. Family Connects (FC) is a community-based program supporting new parents in caring for their newborns, offering physical assessments of the postpartum person and infant, addressing questions about caring for a newborn, providing supportive guidance, and helping them access any needed community services or resources.
The Nurse Manager supervises two nurse specialists and also actively participates in providing training and technical assistance to nurse home visitors. This position also coordinates nurse support for community partners with other functions in the organization, including implementation, community alignment, and data systems.
- Champion and fully learn all aspects of the Family Connect Model, with particular focus on the Family Connects home visiting protocol reflected in the current program implementation manual.
- Supervise the planning, development, and delivery of educational content and resources for Family Connects community partners.
- Assess professional practice gaps, determine educational content that should be provided to meet learning needs, and evaluate educational offerings.
- Utilize web-based communication and training methodologies such as Zoom, Outlook, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Develop expertise in the electronic health record utilized by the team, which is Salesforce’s HealthCloud.
- Travel nationally to visit community partners, conduct home visits alongside nurses, and provide coaching (up to 10%).
- For candidates without Family Connects home visiting experience, some time may be spent performing home visits for families with newborns to gain clinical experience with the Family Connects program.
- BSN with masters in a relevant field (e.g. MPH), or MSN required.
- Active unencumbered North Carolina RN license required, unless a higher-level active unencumbered North Carolina nursing license is held (e.g. certified nurse midwife or nurse practitioner).
- Maintain active CPR certification.
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience, including at least 1 year of nursing experience in maternal and/or infant health.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations and ability to demonstrate sensitivity, flexibility, adaptability, and affinity for a multicultural environment.
- Experience and comfort with delivering formal presentations, both in person and virtually.
- Ability to manage a flexible yet demanding schedule with multiple competing demands while providing a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Commitment to universal home visiting as a public health intervention for newborns and their families.
- MSN or DNP in Nurse Education
- Home visiting, nurse management, and/or nurse education experience strongly preferred.
- Extended sitting (up to 8 hours per day).
- Ability to work in different (changing) locations.
- Ability to move or lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to perform duties in an active environment with changes in climate and noise level.
- Requires regular kneeling, bending, and sitting on the floor.
- Drive in all types of weather.
- Ability to travel in air, train, and car.
Pay Band: $90,000-$110,000/Year
At Family Connects International, great ideas are generated by interdisciplinary teams. We support a collaborative environment and value teammates with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that having a diverse team makes FCI a more innovative and impactful place to work, and we strive to make FCI a welcoming and inclusive place for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. FCI is an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities to apply.