Family Connects is an evidence-based model designed to support whole-person, integrated health for all families of newborns at a moment of life-changing transition. Results from research on the Family Connects model have been published in a number of journals, including Pediatrics, American Journal of Public Health, and JAMA Network Open. Below find links to abstracts of our peer-reviewed research. Full articles are linked where available.
Family Connects International has also developed a number of short publications on the Family Connects model and the early childhood field. Users are encouraged to download and share the materials created by FCI without adaptation. If you are interested in adapting any FCI materials, please contact us for permission.
- Supporting and Strengthening Families in Rural NC (Oct 2021)
- Family Connects National Snapshot (Aug 2021)
- Family Connects Texas Snapshot (Sept 2021)
- Family Connects Illinois Snapshot (Sept 2021)
- Family Connects North Carolina Snapshot (Aug 2021)
- Achieving Whole Person Care in the Postpartum Period Through Partnership Between Medical Providers and Community Organizations (September 2021)
- Family Connects: A Strategy to Improve Health During the Fourth Trimester (2021)
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health in the Postpartum Period Using Family Connects (2021)
- A Paradigm Shift Toward Development of Equitable Population-level Solutions (2020)
- Family Connects: An overview of the evidence (2021)
- Three reasons nurses are a critical component of the Family Connects model (2019)
- Family Connects International brochure (2018)
- Right from the start: The story of Durham Connects (2015)