FCI VISION FOR FAMILIES
The Family Connects International (FCI) team seeks to build lasting community collaborations to ensure equitable outcomes for each and every newborn. FCI trains local community partners on how to provide entrusted care and local referrals for families with newborns using the evidence-based Families Connects Model. As a universally offered program, all the families with newborns in implementing communities can receive a Family Connects home-visit for free.
The Managing Director of Systems Alignment and Evaluation will join FCI’s Executive Team with a deliberate focus on applying systems thinking to the scale-up of the Family Connects Model for population level change. The position balances the roles of an executive, strategist, and thought partner. Internally, the work includes building staff competencies for community engagement, implementation science, and evaluation. Externally, the position seeks to connect agencies and stakeholders through shared learning and networking across systems to help ensure a strong start for all families.
The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated expertise and proven success as a practitioner of systems building with a track record of training organizations, institutions, and government entities on how to translate, implement, and scale evidence-based innovations at community, state, and national levels. The Managing Director will report to the Executive Director and provide supervision of the Community Impact Team consisting of Community Alignment Support Specialists, Analytics Specialists, and CQI Specialists.
The FCI Managing Director of Systems Alignment and Evaluation will develop, oversee, and evaluate a comprehensive program to improve community partners’ operations to integrate Family Connects programming into their local continuum of care and support for newborn families. The Managing Director will be responsible for supervising staff in Community Alignment, Continuous Quality Improvement & Training, and Data Analytics within the Community Impact Team.
- Defining criteria to expand the reach of the FCI Network
- Standardize community partnership best practices for community alignment
- Assist in developing a strategy for increasing the eligible birth population of certified partnerships beyond their initial service area
- Establish benchmarking approaches for Key Performance Indicators across FCI stages
- Lead internal professional development of all staff on implementation science and practice, evaluation, and community engagement
- Provide guidance on the development of an FCI Innovation Center to test and evaluate derivatives of the Family Connects Model.
- Develop SOW and team support for new FCI Community Partners for their community alignment, reporting, and continuous quality improvement
- Design the strategic framework for a data infrastructure related to implementation outcomes that is anchored to the Family Connects Theory of Change and FCI Logic Model
- Represent the organization in professional activities including conferences, presentations, and other communications with external stakeholders
- Provide direct programming support for community partnerships that have 2 or more levels of administration for state/city/agency oversight and local community level implementation
- Supervise Community Impact functional areas for Community Alignment, Quality Improvement & Training, and Data Analytics by holding weekly update meetings, conducting performance reviews, and professional development goal setting with staff while ensuring cross-functional coordination across teams
- Oversee FCI training operations, both internally and externally, for quality assurance of implementation best practices and community alignment including the development of adapted training tools, proprietary guides, and learning collaboratives for supportive behavioral coaching, Collective Impact, and organizational capacity building
- Ensure accuracy of Key Performance Indicator Reports internally before authorizing release by Implementation Specialists
- Other duties as assigned
- Development of a comprehensive work plan for the FCI Network around community alignment, data analytics, and CQI and training
- Ongoing and persistent relationship building with FCI community partners
- Intensive networking with key stakeholder groups in local communities
- Identification of opportunities for local communities to grow and strengthen Advisory Boards
- Utilization of data to guide decision making for local operations
- Advanced degree of a Masters’ or related experience in relevant fields of public health, policy, social work, education, health behavior, economics, psychology, public administration, or human services
- 10+ years of documented, successful experience in community development or community organizing
- 5+ years of a proven track record of systems building on the local-, state-, or federal-level
- 5-10 years of supervisor experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Utilization of Theories of Change and Logic Models
- Application of Gantt Charts for Program Management
- Familiarity with principles of community-engaged research methods and values
- Practice of collective action theories for social change such as Collective Impact and techniques related to supportive behavioral coaching
- Working knowledge of the social service system or the ability to quickly develop such knowledge